Kun Huang, PhD
- Director of Data Sciences and Informatics, Precision Health Initiative
- Chair, Genomic Data Sciences, Precision Health Initiative
- Assistant Dean for Data Sciences, IU School of Medicine
- Professor of Medicine, IU School of Medicine
- Senior Investigator, Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, IU School of Medicine
- Senior Investigator, Regenstrief Institute
Dr. Huang leads the development of innovative informatics solutions as part of the IU Precision Health Initiative, laying the foundation for a suite of technologies and strategies that will support and enhance biomedical research and define IU’s approach to precision health. Dr. Huang received bachelor's degrees in biology and computer science in 1996 from Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. From 1996 to 2004, he studied at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he obtained Master of Science degrees in molecular and systems physiology, electrical engineering and mathematics, as well as a PhD in electrical and computer engineering. His research interests include translational bioinformatics and integrative genomics tools for precision health, bioinformatics, computational biology, bioimage informatics and machine learning.