Mark W. Geraci, MD
- Chair, Department of Medicine, IU School of Medicine
- John B. Hickam Professor of Medicine, IU School of Medicine
- Professor of Medical and Molecular Genetics, IU School of Medicine
- Co-Director, Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute
Dr. Geraci is the John B. Hickam Professor and Chair of Medicine at IU School of Medicine. His research interests center on the role of eicosanoids in the biology of pulmonary vascular disease and lung cancer. These endeavors include the use of animal models of lung cancer, and the application of genomics. He is the recipient of the NHLBI R24 for Genomics in Pulmonary Hypertension Consortium Award. He is an awardee of the jointly (NHLBI and NCI) funded “Common Pathogenetic Mechanisms of Lung Cancer and COPD”, which establishes a new National Consortium investigating early carcinogenesis.
Tatiana Foroud, PhD
- Distinguished Professor, Indiana University
- Chancellor's Professor, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Chair, Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, IU School of Medicine
- Joe C. Christian Professor of Medical and Molecular Genetics, IU School of Medicine
Dr. Foroud is the Joe. C Christian Professor of Medical and Molecular Genetics at IU School of Medicine. The central focus of research in Dr. Foroud’s laboratory is the identification of genes contributing to disease. Research is currently focused on a variety of complex disorders including Parkinson disease, Alzheimer disease, intracranial aneurysms, alcohol dependence, and cancer. Dr. Foroud’s laboratory is also the home of multiple local and national biorepositories, which focus on uniform biospecimen handling and processing. Dr. Foroud manages the Indiana Biobank, the NIA-supported National Cell Repository for Alzheimer Disease, the NINDS-supported BioSEND Repository which houses Parkinson Disease, Huntington Disease and frontotemporal dementia biospecimens as well as multiple Michael J. Fox Foundation supported biorepositories.